Pages

Wednesday 3 August 2011

A Girl Should Always Keep a *Drunken* Promise

So, I just had a 'big' birthday (my 30th-- which frankly is so over rated). Mama 30, as I like to call this year, spent about six months making me feel anxious over the whole affair, when really you have only two choices turn 30 or don't. Frankly, I went for option one and I'm very grateful for the chance to turn 30.

Anyway, we had a big holiday (Rome!) to celebrate (more on that in a series of blog posts!). On the evening of my 30th Birthday after a day spent 'roaming around Rome' (and more specifically the Coliseum-- yes, my inner Latin nerd was overjoyed!) my husband and I wandered down to the Trevi Fountain as part of what became our nightly ritual. We had stumbled upon the Trevi Fountain (of La Dolce Vita fame) our first night in Rome after a wander around the area our was in. The Trevi Fountain is absolutely stunning-- it is seriously hard to restrain yourself from jumping into it (well, not that hard as there are police all around the fountain to keep you from doing just that!).

Throughout the dinner I might have made a few wild suggestions and promises about things I should do, now that I was entering a new decade. (I believe serious diet and exercise regime were on the docket, but then they always are.) One of the wild suggestions was blogging, as a way to keep track of my goals and catalogue a year. It sounded like an outrageously good idea at the time. But, then everything sounds like a good idea after a day spent in the Italian sun and perhaps a bit too much wine. So, here we go. Here's my year-long adventure in blogging. I suspect there will be a lot of photos and some rather random posts-- but there you have it!



No comments:

Post a Comment