Pages

Friday 13 July 2012

Addicted to Revenge

It's been such a washout of a summer here in London. In any given day it can rain, sleet, hail and then the sun will make a valiant effort and attempt to shine. But mostly, the weather has erred on the side of miserable.

That's probably why I've been finding myself escaping to the Hamptons this summer. Yes, I'm originally from Long Island (not that area of Long Island!), so in a way it's like coming home for the summer. The sunshine, the endless beautiful beaches, the beautiful people, the scheming the plotting the desperate need for REVENGE!

This is such guilty pleasure TV, but honestly I'm addicted. I can't wait to see what will happen next as Emily Throne takes on Queen Victoria in a battle royale for revenge and control of the Hamptons. It's brilliant to see a heroine like Emily who essentially is doing some pretty unlikable things in her quest to get retribution against the people who wronged her father. There are moments where you realize that you are rooting for the utter downfall of characters and then wonder does Emily's punishment fit their crimes? Only time, and the plot of this series will tell . . .

1 comment:

  1. ::Shivers.:: That sounds awesome! I'm going to have to add that to my watch list!!

    Actually, I have a favorite summer show that is set in the Hamptons called Royal Pains. I LOVE it. :)

    ReplyDelete