Pages

Sunday 15 January 2012

Stupid Angry Birds (mean green pigs!)

So I should be blogging. Or editing. Or reading. Or revising. Or swimming. Or yoga. Or running. Or something.


Definitely something.


Instead, I'm obsessed with Angry Birds.






I usually make it my business NOT to play any kind of games on my phone, computer, etc. I know what I'm like-- a sucker for procrastination-- and I know how easily a ten minute game can become a half hour, hour, more. See, knowing is half the problem. (All I can think of is the cheesy after school music as I type that, I believe the phrase was 'the more you know . . . ', but I digress).


However, it's far too late. These unassuming angry little birds have taken over. I will now need to begin the slow process of either beating the game, or abandoning all hope for productivity?


Hmmmm . . .

4 comments:

  1. Oooo... I tried this for a while. I ended up getting the "Christmas Edition," too. Thankfully, that obsession lasted less time than my Solitaire and Sudoku obsession (which waste enough of my time THANKS MUCH!!). Good luck breaking the habit and good luck with your resolutions this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the Christmas edition when I was at home over Christmas visiting family. I've just introduced my husband (who just got a new smartphone for Christmas) to Angry Birds. Big mistake.

    Thanks! I am turning the birds off, I am. Roll on resolutions, so far, so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this and thought of this post: http://www.gocomics.com/twaggies/2011/12/25

    I hope your obsession has passed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, love this. Sadly, obsession hasn't passed. Still slowly trying to win-- does anyone ever win at Angry Birds? Do they smile at the end? Please? I hope so.

    ReplyDelete