Pages

Monday 12 March 2012

GONE GIRL





How well do you ever really know the person you've married? That's the question GONE GIRL asks,
and let me tell you the answer is a doozy! I read a lot of YA, a bit of fantasy, but not a lot of thrillers. I admit this is a real gap in my reading. I just don't generally enjoy thrillers. 

However, GONE GIRL is so much more than a thriller. This is a tight, well paced psychological investigation into couples, marriages and the people we think we are, the people others think we are and the truth. 


So far this year this is easily one of my top 10 favourite books. I can tell you that in March. I read between 50-60 books a year and this one is already in the Top 10. That's how good this book is. Everyone I work with, all of my family members and friends have heard me rave about it. 

I have two words for you:

GONE GIRL. 

I don't want to say too much, because the plot is so filled with twists and turns one wrong word could ruin the story for you. But I will say this. Go out and buy this book. Pre-order it. Do whatever you need to so that come May, you're reading it. Then, let's talk. 

Until then, no spoilers. 

2 comments:

  1. Oooo... I'm going to have to do just that.... Thanks for the read suggestion!
    -OA-

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won't be disappointed. I envy you getting to read this for the first time :)

    ReplyDelete